Comedy series are sitcoms that can be watched on television and doesn’t need any mood or time to enjoy it. Here are a few of such series that are the best on television right now.
1. Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: It is the highest rating sitcom that is hilarious and, gives useful social messages to people regarding many subjects from behavior of kids to social behavior in the society. Started in 2008, this show revolves around the people of a society – Gokuldham. A diverse group (Gujarati, Bengali, Punjabi, Western) of people live here and their real-life challenges is portrayed mixed with a touch of humor. His show is quite addictive and people tend to never miss the show.
It telecasts on the channel - Sab TV. The show is written by a Gujarati writer Tarak Mehta and is a great hit.
Chidiya Ghar: As the name suggests, the serial is not about a zoo. This sitcom has all the characters are animal-named and are peculiar in their own way. The show is about the daily problems that a common man faces, how a family’s support is essential for a man and a touch of humor to lighten every situation. It started in 2011 and telecasts on Sab TV. It is the second best show after Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah and is written by
Kapil Sharma Show: Initially, the show was telecasted on Colors and now on Sony. The Kapil Sharma show’s host, Kapil Sharma has stolen everyone’s heart by his wit and humor. Ghuthi (
Sunil Grover) and Nani are the essence of the show as they come up with hilarious punch lines. Member of the Parliament, Mr.
Navjot Singh Sidhu, is a permanent guest on the show apart from the celebrities who are invited to promote either their movies or an event. The show is a big hit on television screen.
4. Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai: It is a household comedy series revolving around two neighbouring couples. The story revolves around the unique methods these men adopt to entice their neighbor’s wife. It shows the lively nature of Kanpur from the fun characters of policeman to rural boys. The show is written by Manoj Santoshi and airs on &TV channel.
5. Bahu Hamari Rajnikant: The story revolves around the cultural difference between a family and a robot who was built by Shaan. Shaan is a great scientist, he buils the robot and marries it. The show is hilarious with the unusual situations that the family faces. This serial premiered on 15 February 2016 on Life OK channel and was produced by
6. May I Come in Madam: The show revolves around three main character- Lady Boss, her employee (Sajan) and his wife. Sajan, irritated with his in-laws, longs for a privacy with his wife. In the meanwhile, he is in love with his charming, gorgeous boss. This fictional show is funny and has a fresh take on comedy. It premiered on March 7, 2016 and airs on Life OK channel.
Comedy Nights Bachao: The hosts of this show are
Krishna Abhishek and
Bharti Singh. The show tests the patience of the celebrities, invited as guests, trough unpleasant jokes and humour about them. The show received many awards and is aired on Colors TV channel.
8. Khidki: The show enacts funny stories, received from viewers, in the form of plays and skits. It is a mini-series shown on Sab TV and is a Gujarati region mixed show which has simplicity yet humor in their language.
Sumit Sambhal Lega: The main character of the show is Sumit, who always run away from responsibilities. This show revolves around a modern family with two sons, one is married and the other, Sumit, running away from getting married. He always ends making a mockery of every situation. This is an adaptation of the series – Everybody Loves Raymond.
10. Yaro Ka Tashan: This show revolves around a humanoid, Y.A.R.O. (Young Assembled Robotic Object), designed by Professor Govardhan Aggarwal. YARO has the ability to feel emotions and is treated like a son by the professor. It is comedy superhero series which premiered on 26 July 2016 on Sab TV channel.