Lamhaa is made by
Rahul Dholakia, who was widely appreciated for Parzania. Has he emerged a winner with this film too?
Some extremist attacks take place in Kashmir. For the intelligence bureaus to know who is behind them, they have to send their officer and make him remain their incognito.
Everyone has given a good performance, but the one who really stands out is
Anupam Kher, who has given a very intense and extremely strong performance.
The bar is raised high for the movie since it is directed by Parzania fame Rahul Dholakia. But pitiably, as the film progresses further, the movie disappoints.
- The most mesmerizing part of this movie is the amazingly beautiful cinematography that is done especially with the valleys of Kashmir.
- There are also some very effective camera techniques that are used which make the movie very different from others.
- There are some extremely soothing and wonderfully composed songs in the movie that should definitely be topping the list of the best song of the year.
What’s not there?
- This film makes a claim of it telling an untold story about Kashmir but the fact remains that there is absolutely nothing that the movie tells us that we don't already know. There is a kind of distancing that is done both emotionally and politically, and there is no new information that we get about Kashmir from the film.
- This movie is disappointing at times, essentially because it is not able to effectively present Kashmir and its predicament.
This movie can be a one-time watch.